Monday, December 8, 2008

Easy Soup Base

A couple of Enrichment nights ago we had a class on canning. It was a good class and we were able to learn how to make this soup base and bring one home. In the jar is: potatoes, carrots, onions and celery. For the teachers taste test she added some canned roast beef (I know...from a can but it actually wasn't bad). She said this made Sunday dinners really easy. She would throw a couple jars in a pot add the meat and bring to a boil and by the time they were done changing clothes, dinner was ready. I made my family this dinner the other night with some bread from the bread machine and it was really good. I would probably add another can of meat for the next time though. They boys weren't a fan but they did have to have a couple spoonfuls before they could give up. Their favorite was the bread. Such a simple/fast meal. You can also add flour and milk to make it a creamy soup. If anyone's interested I have the exact recipe. Just let me know.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Sounds good and I love easy! Post it on my food blog! :)