Sunday, December 21, 2008

Santa ???

Last night was our ward Christmas party at church. We excited the kids by telling them that Santa would be there and they'd get to tell him what they wanted for Christmas...but they'd have to sit thru dinner and not run around the church. I was very proud of them because they made it to Santa! But they were a little hesitant about actually sitting on Santa's lap. Here is Diego telling Santa what he'd like. I think it's so funny how he looks like he is focused really hard on Santas eyes like he can make Santa really bring him what he's asking for if he looks deep enough. Then here is Christian who can't even make eye contact with Santa. He was really up there for the little present they received after talking with Santa. Ah, and then there was Anthony. Notice how Santa is in the back ground? This is as close to Santa as he would get. We kept asking him if he wanted to go up...the answer was always a definite NO! Can you tell how unsure he is of that guy in red?! I had to throw this in here as well because I think it's so cute. I have a group of very talented friends and one shared this great idea with me. This makes a great gift for a neighbor or someone you visit teach especially if they have kids. Fill a container (pint jar, the small jelly jars...really any small container) and fill it with candy. But you have to count how many candies you put in because attached to the outside of the jar will be this cute little saying: Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle all the way Can you guess how many candies are in this jar today? Have everyone guess how many candies are in this jar. Then open up the envelop to find out the correct number. Have fun. Merry Christmas! Love, Now my friend does jelly beans so the poem reads Jingle Beans, Jingle Beans instead of the candies. But because I'm not a fan of jelly beans and I had a couple coupons for candy I went this route. I found my jar at the dollar store. A really good candy is the red/green M&M's. I just didn't want to have to count that many for this size jar! Attach saying and an envelope with the answer(next year I'm going to find smaller envelopes) with a ribbon and happy giving! Hopefully if you were struggling for a gift for someone this will help and if not there is always next year!!

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

That picture of Anthony was pretty funny, but the pictures all made me laugh!!! They were great!!

Karen said...

After you mentioned them, I found those same containers here in NC! They are perfect for that gift idea, which I used this year. (Thank you!)