Saturday, March 20, 2010

Fun day at the park

After school the other day we called up a classmate and friend of Diego's and headed to the park. It was a beautiful day and some much needed energy was needing to be burned. The mom of Diego's friend was a little worried that I'd be taking 4 boys to the park but I said it was no biggie....and it wasn't. The boys spent the whole time building a fort. While there were girls screaming in their high pitched screams and running around the park, my guys were busy building a fort! Again, who needs girls?... I'll keep my guys!!
The boys started to draw attention to their creation. Some kids came up and said "hey that's pretty cool." They even helped gather sticks at one point.
Here are the boys and the finished fort. Diego was so happy. This was just a few sticks when it started and they managed to find more sticks and leaves to make their cozy fort! Yea for beautiful days!!

3 comments:

Karen said...

Looks like a lot of fun! The weather has been so nice lately - the girls come home from school and head straight out the door again to play outside. I bet they'd help build another fort at Nana's house! =)

Kelli Brewer said...

I thought it was funny as you were telling the story of the park the difference between girls and boys at the park. I guess things I have to look forward to huh? :)

homebody0404 said...

You're right, who needs girls? I have two boys and looking through your blog brings back memories of when they were little. They are 13 and 14 now and I miss their little mishaps, trouble-making and cuddling with mommy!! I have a 24 yr old girl so I have to say that every once in a while I think, yeah, it would have been nice to have another girl BUT boys are low maintenance which I love. BTW, they spent their little guy years in Northern VA too!

PS One of my sons loved to brush my and my daughter's hair. It felt soooo soothing!!