Thursday, August 20, 2009

Slurpee Thursday

My friend told me she takes her kids to get slurpees every Thursday if they've been good. I decided to try this with my boys and added a point system to go with it. 5 is the best and if they don't listen, aren't nice to each other or I have to ask them to do something more than twice then they lose a point. If I see them doing good things then they can earn their points back. When Thursday rolls around if you have a 4 or 5 then you get the largest cup (under a dollar), 2-3 equals the next smaller and a 1 gets you the smallest. 0 equals nothing! (We've come close but they pull it together) This has worked wonders for me as far as getting the kids to listen and do what they are told. They are devastated when they lose a point. Normally we only get slurpees but today was a special day. We so look forward to Thursdays!

5 comments:

Karen said...

That's a fun idea! And who doesn't love those "special" days? =)

East Coast Jenny said...

That's a really great idea.

Joel and Chelsey said...

We've done a few of these too. Actually with the crazy summer we've had, we've done Wild Wednesdays, Slurpee Thursdays and Friday fun-days--just depending on when we're around. :) Enjoy the last few days of summer! TTYl

KDorman said...

OHHH! I will have to try with Charlie.....GOOD Idea!

Julie said...

What fun ideas you have...I'm gonna have to try that!