Saturday, September 5, 2009

Waterfall?

Last post today, I promise. So today I took the boys on a hike. We went on a trail that was suppose to lead to a nice looking waterfall. Not so much. There was water, just not enough to make the nice waterfall that they have pictured on the website. We decided that it would probably be better in the spring. We'll have to try then. The boys made the most of the rocks and water that were there and had a good time.
Along the path we kept coming across these mushrooms. This was the largest one we have ever seen. The boys were impressed.
Something about fallen trees that call out to boys that say "CLIMB ME!"
One of the first things Diego found at the water was little tadpoles and bigger fish but then he spotted a lizard and actually caught it. He desperately wanted to bring it home. He also thought he could train it to "stay" put on the rocks while he and the other two collected rocks and leaves to make a nest for him. Oh, Diego! I love this picture because Christian is helping Anthony around the rocks. It was quite cute to hear Anthony call out "Christian, I need help" everytime he was stuck or didn't think he could make it across. One of those rare moments when they are kind to each other and help each other out. Love it!
This picture represents: "What was I thinking bringing the boys here? They don't ever want to leave!"
On the climb back to the car we came across this tree that Diego had to cross. Again, something about trees calling out to be climbed on and crossed. The above picture of me also goes with these pics especially when Anthony pipes in with "My turn!" Um...NO! He didn't cross it! Of course Christian had to cross too. Anthony and I met them a few feet away on a easier place to cross. It amazes me how these guys have no fear! The pictures don't do justice to how far up the tree was over the ground. It would have been a good drop. But they succeeded!

2 comments:

Karen said...

And why do I have the kids with all of the broken arms? I think that last picture makes the log look pretty high. So maybe my kids just aren't as coordinated?? =)

Cincy Mattingleys said...

All your pictures look so fun. It makes me wish for more summer. You do such a great job...super mom. :)