Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Styling 101

So yesterday Christian was on a kick to cut his own hair. He kept saying "mom, just like Aunt Kelli cut your hair, that's all I want to do." He kept trying to get real hair cutting scissors to cut his hair. He doesn't have a lot of hair to cut, so I wasn't concerned about that. What I was concerned about was the sharp scissors and him poking himself. I wasn't allowed to do it. He wanted to do it himself. So after much crying and screaming (on his part) I found a pair of baby scissors (for cutting the baby fingernails) and let him use those. The following pics are of him telling me the process for his styling techniques. He is quite a kid.
Here he is with his "hair cutting scissors." I knew he couldn't do too much damage to himself since they have a blunt edge and I didn't think they would cut very well.
He was very focused and kept telling me "See mom, just like this!" How could I have doubted him!?!
Like the good little barber he is, he cleaned out the sink that actually had quite a bit of hair in it.
The next step was to wet his hair down before putting the gel on.
Now time for gel. You would have thought he had long hair like a girl for how much get he put in his hands. Just keep picturing in your head that he is telling me step by step on how this should go.."o.k. now you do this mom."
Now you carefully put the gel on. Ever so carefully making sure you pat your head and get it all over. Here is the finished product. He was very proud of himself and loved that he was just like dad.

2 comments:

Kelli Brewer said...

I laughed so hard at this! What a riot. I can totally picture him giving you the play by play of what he's going to do next!

Karen said...

Look at those big brown eyes!

He is too funny! I can just hear his little voice explaining the whole process to you. He seems to know exactly what to do, though. Teenage years, here we come! =)